Friday, July 25, 2008




I remember we had a large family & sleeping 4 or 5 in each bed or on a pallet on the floor. Of walking thru the woods and seeing bats hanging in the trees, and following my brothers and hollering for them to "wait" for me, they would just say, "weight broke the wagon down" and keep going. I remember corn, sugar cane and tomatoes in the fields, and my dad letting me ride on the plow as the mule pulled it thru the field and sitting on my dad's lap in front of the fireplace eating candy corn he brought home from a trip, and follwing Glen around. I think I was his shadow, and asking him to tell me stories, he was a good story teller. I remember chopping wood, carrying wood, making my own beanflips to shoot birds, snakes, etc. with.
Louise and I had to carry water from the spring to our house.  I remember our Horses, mules, and our wagon that had rubber tires on it.  The mules would pull us to town in it.  I remember walking to school across the fields, or the dirt road past my grandparents house.  It was 3 miles one way. I was a happy kid!

No comments: